






HAPPY FATHER' S DAY!...
I have come to realize how important a father is to a child. Dad's are great at all the silly stuff. As I think back on my own childhood I remember all the sounds. The sound of my dad making horse clopping feet for Cinderella's carriage on my bed post, Daffy Duck over and over again. The sound of his keys as he came home and the sound of his bare feet shuffling across the kitchen floor...then the sound of the pantry opening for Excedrin and then the fridge for a swig of DP (right from the bottle of course :) )
My dad always made me a year older in age and giggled under his breath as his tucked his chin, shook his head and said Jenn Penn. If you know my dad then you know this face.
Preston and I have one childhood experience in common...grades were very important to our dad's. They went the extra mile to bribe us into success. Did it work? My dad paid in money. Preston's in food; a trip to Marco's. When I see Preston and his dad together I realize that they have a lot of the same expressions; eye squints and head shakes to be exact. I know Preston enjoyed his boating trips. He learned a lot on the ranch too. Hard work is good for a man :) These are some of the things that I hope Reagan can learn from his dad too.
As I look at Reagan now, I can only imagine what he is learning from his dad. Laughter, and smiles all around him. How to turn an ordinary object into a toy or a game and reinvent the use for everything...more smiles and giggles for these games of course. I'm sure he will remember flying around the house like a plane and then using our island as his landing pad and shifting gears in his race car as he rides across the living room on dad's belly and spins out next to the couch. I hope he will remember all the times that dad just did it different. Different is not always a bad thing...as long as mom is not watching :) I hope he will always hear the gabagools and the voices that his dad makes just for him and know how much he is loved.
So, on that note, to all the Dad's out there--HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! You are loved and appreciated; make the most of this day and everyday with your little one. They will remember all you share.
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Posted by J Taylor at 8:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment