Sunday, October 01, 2006

10 MONTH CELEBRATION...
So big; so fast! Reagan continues to amaze us. At 10 months he has accomplished so much. We are so far from where we came from...NICU and all the fears that come with it. Reagan's receptive language is growing more each day. He can sign bye-bye, up, more and finished and uses these signs correctly. Here is a funny story for you. Reagan was playing in the living room and getting into everything. He likes to crawl away down the hall or over to the "dangerous furniture." Aunt Melissa told him "no, no." My Mr. RGT waved bye-bye to her and kept on crawling away. I don't know about you, but this cracks me up.
We were reading a book the other day. This is one of our favorite pass times. Reagan loves books with textures, hair, scales, bumps and such. He likes to lick the iguana scales, chew on the lion's hair, pull out the dog's fur and more. Lots of fun for everyone! Anyway, the koala in one of his books has a smooth leather nose. The koala in his new book has short gray fur. When we read the new book for the first time, Reagan recognized the animal and went straight for the koala's nose (like his old book.) I think he is a genius!
Reagan climbed 7 stairs at Grandma Malone's house, ate a cracker (grandma let him) and had a blast for his birthday! We celebrated later that evening with Aunt Melissa and Uncle Gene at Salt Grass. Reagan ordered a sweet potato. You would have thought I was starving him. He loved it! Too bad he doesn't like the ones I cook for him. I guess the oven is better than the microwave. I will have to try that next time.
You can see in the picture that Reagan is using his fine motor skills to color a picture :) His first experience with crayons. Lots were broken and even more ended up on the floor, but we had fun! Reagan likes the red one best. The next day started a 2 week trip to the doc. Double ear infections again! What am I going to do with those little ears? Reagan is a trooper! Mommy is tired!






















Show me 10 fingers for 10 months old!

0 comments: