Thursday, March 01, 2007

NATURE'S BEST FRIEND...
Dad made a joke the other morning. He said that they were raising a HIPPY! I don't know about all that, but I do love nature. Some of my favorite moments come from finding things on the ground. I love to look at the leaves and watch them blow in the breeze, find acorns and now pinecones too. I like to put the acorn hats on my fingers. Mom showed me that trick. I wasn't too happy that the pinecone had points on it though. Plus, my thumb got stuck inbetween the seeds. I carried it to mom for removal then started all over again. I love sand and grass. The grass is a bit crunchy in our yard though. I sit it in and lift my legs and feet off the ground as I pulls blades out and examine them. Sand is another story. The socks must come off in the sand! I like to rub my feet in it, lay down it, drop a handful from in the air, and of course use all my sandtoys. I appreciate all the little things. Like bugs and spiders and a bird's nest on the ground. Ants don't scare me...only mom. I point to all the ones I see and wait to see her reaction--we usually have to look quickly and move on. I've learned a lot in the great outdoors!



Nature Trails here I come!

0 comments: