Sunday, May 27, 2007

A DAY AT THE OIL RANCH...
Fun with the fam and great friends too! Mom, dad and Aunt Meme (plus my little cous) took me to the Oil Ranch. We met my girlfriend,Julia and Mandy and Justin too. The weather was perfect and I was ready to enjoy all the new sights and sounds. There are a lot of new smells too, but we will focus on the other things. One of the first animals I saw was a rooster. Aside from a duck, this is my favorite these days. I love to say "err,err,err,err,err." That means cock-a-doodle-doo! Then it was time for a pony ride. I'm an expert in this area. I already rode a pony at the rodeo. This time, there was no safety buckle. Mom had to hold on tight. It was a bumpy ride, but I enjoyed it. Next up was the milking cow. It was covered in flies, but I didn't mind. The ranch hand said they were out of fly spray. EWWWW! Dad jumped right in and helped me milk my first cow. Now I know why I don't like to drink that stuff! That was a process, but I did great! Julia gave it a try too after seeing how much fun it was. She did not like the up close version though. She got swatted by the cow's poopy tail-YUCK! Then we all jumped on the hayride together. This was loads of fun! The driver took us deep into the pastures to feed the cows their "candy." These are either some hungry or well trained cows. They came right up the the tractor and ate right out of our hands. Even the calves were ready for a treat. All the cows had beautiful coats, but they were SLIMEY! At first I just threw the food or dropped it in the hay, but then I got brave and I let the cow eat right out of my hand. Feeding all those cows made me hungry for a snack so we ate one on the way to the train. Round and round we went on the choo-choo tracks before heading out to get some lunch. We had a great day in the sun and will visit again this summer.





MOO!

0 comments: