Sunday, February 03, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!...
It's my third Christmas Day. Mom can't believe how fast time ticks by. We are so thankful for all the blessings we have. We are all healthy this year!
Christmas morning started off at 7:30 am. I slept in just a bit, but I was ready to hit the floor as soon as my eyes were open. This is not typical behavior for me. I usually call for mom, snuggle in and play with her hair for a few minutes before being carried off to breakfast. Not this morning. I remembered that today was Christmas and I was looking forward to opening my presents. Uncle Jeff, Dot and Maw Maws were coming to the door. Of course they were carrying more gifts and I was helping to receive them. I had so much fun tearing into the paper and pulling each thing out. Mom complained that I did not stop to smile for my pictures. She wanted my big cheese smile, but I was a busy boy. I had lots of gifts to open and lots of toys to play with. Yes grandparents, it is contageous. Mom has the genes that her parents apparently passed on. Mom and dad bought WAY TOO MANY PRESENTS! Dad blames mom, mom blames dad, but I'm not worried. I now have gifts to grow into.
After a morning of unwrapping we headed to the kitchen to make a big breakfast. I of course was a huge help. I cracked eggs, stirred and poured and warned everyone that the oven and stove were "hot, hot, hot." When it was time, I was the man with the hot pads. I made sure that mom and grandma had one too. Afterward, I helped keep Uncle Jeff in shape. He taught me how to get a qucik thrill ride out of my new trike. Up and down the driveway I went then down the sidewalk too.
It was a great morning and a great time with the fam.























WHEEEE! Uncle Jeff taught me how to "roll out" all the way down a drive way. Where's my helmet?

0 comments: