RODEO DAYS MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY!...
This year I decided I needed to look the part of a real cowboy. I wanted real pointy toe cowboy boots (just like Tyrone on the Backyardagains.) I knew my cousin Wesley would be wearing his gear and we could ride the range together. We headed to the store for some Wranglers, boots and a George Strait button down preppy cowboy shirt. I topped it all off with a Tobey Keith hat and I was set (Thanks MawMaws and Tim.) Mom decided later that I really should have had a belt to show off the Wrangler rear, but we will have to set that as a goal for next year. I loved my boots--by the way they are not pointy...more rounded. Mom just wouldn't give in to the points. I was very selective though. I picked each piece myself and literally cried when they did not put the boots I wanted on my feet. We found a compromise though and I was ready to wear it all home. I did not complain once about boots rubbing my leg or pinching my feet. I was happy to be all cowboyed out.
The rodeo has become a tradition for us. We plan each year to attend with the experts; Aunt Carley and Uncle JJ are officials around there. Shiny gold badges mean we get in for free and that just makes everyone smile :)
I enjoyed it all just as much this year. I loved the pony rides (the horses made Wesley cry), the animals both big and small were so interesting to me. I called them by name and even tried to speak their languages (with an oink and a moo and a quack, quack, quack...) This year marks an exciting time for me though--I am 37 inches tall and that means that I am tall enough to ride all the big boy rides. I was ready for the rush--bumblebees flying, carousels spinning, bouncing off the super speed slide and of couse my first roller coaster. I smiled and laughed through it all. I love new adventures and that is what led me to the camel. It is much bigger than a horse and we just had to ride it. Mom remembers riding a camel with MawMaw and Jeff long ago when she was a little girl. That made this ride special. Life came full circle for her with just one ride.
To end the big cowboy ride we saddled up and headed to Pappasito's. Chips and queso were calling our names. Wh
at-a-day! Rodeo Houston makes everyone happy!

Sunday, March 30, 2008
Posted by J Taylor at 4:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













0 comments:
Post a Comment