RELEASING LADYBUGS...SPLAT!...
Mom and I love to work in the "Taylor Garden." We get out our gloves and tools and dig and plant. (If you drive by you will notice that most of the dirt is dried and clumpy and the flowers are probably brown, but that doesn't stop us from trying again and again and again.) This last trip to the garden center we found ladybugs in a bag. 1,750 of them to be exact. We (Mom) just had to get them. She felt like it was a great buy--$8.00 for a lovely introduction to bugs and nature. So, we brought them home and followed all the directions. We kept them in the fridge over night and the next evening we were ready for our release. We even invited my friend and neighbor Austin and his parents to join in the fun. Mom cut open the bag and began to set the little red dots free to fly. I did what came natural--SPLAT! Who would want bugs on them...what was mom thinking? SPLAT, SPLAT, STOMP, SPLAT, STOMP! Mom and dad tried to convince me that these were "good bugs" and that our garden needed them, but I did not need them on me. I continued to SPLAT and STOMP while everyone else scooped the bugs and dumped them onto the base of plants in the yard. Mom decided that we should probably pick up the lesson next year. Those ladybugs pinch esp. when they are working in teams. All I can say is mom didn't look to happy with a bug between her eyes, down her shirt or in her hair. So, Maybe SPLAT wasn't such a bad idea after all!

Monday, June 23, 2008
Posted by J Taylor at 12:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment