33 MONTHS and TICKING...
It just seems like yesterday he was crawling and we were giving up the bottle for sippy cups...tick,tick...now I have full out conversations with my little man. His wonder amazes me. Knowing why and all the possibilities and ins and outs of a topic are so important to him. He just organizes all his information in his big boy brain and you better believe he will remember it! There is no longer a 'distract him and he will forget about it' clause in our lives. Tick, tick...
Reagan still enjoys all the dramatic play and practical life interactions and play time. He cooks, writes our orders and creates menus. He loves to dress up and really likes hats. He goes on bear hunts and hides under the covers too. Two of his favorite toys are a flashlight and a camera. Reagan loves to just act it all out. He even includes imaginary items or people--that takes a high level thinking brain if you ask me. He totally gets the concept of pretend. I get little glimpses into his world even as he sleeps. He often says words or giggles or yells 'no.' I just wish I could see what he sees. That is really the goal I have each day. I want to look through his eyes and listen through his ears just to live in his world for a moment or two. As a mom I often wonder if I provide all the things he needs to grow into a healthy, happy, well rounded little man. I pray that I do. We all know that the world is not providing what our kids need and it is not a child friendly place any longer. I feel like I walk around with a censor button...earmuffs! Tick, tick...
We recently visited with RGT's allergist and he will return to his meds next week. We have been dealing with a runny nose turned slight cough since the last week in July. We are still not exactly sure what his asthmatic triggers are...we probably won't until we repeat his allergy testing around the age of 4. So, for now, we are just trying to prevent the reactive airway issues and bronchitis. We are crossing our fingers and saying our prayers that this year we can keep ahead of it all and keep Reagan healthy. Tick, tick...
Reagan is still receiving speech therapy, swimming and doing gymnastics too. I laugh because now I know what a 'soccer mom' feels like. He really enjoys his big boy activities and recently moved into a more advanced swimming class. He has a new buddy in there a year older than Reagan. His first class was our first day back to school and HIS TEACHER NEARLY DROWNED HIM. What a day! Until now, Reagan always had a private lesson. I guess she just assumed that he knew how to take a breath and hold it because she pushed his head right under and made him swim--COUGH, GAG, SNOT! I think she will practice that one a bit slower next time. Oh, I was the mom watching behind the window...yes, I was tapping and calling to her...no, she did not hear me. Whew, he took it like a champ. He wiped his face and nose and tried it all again...with a smile...what a kid! Tick, tick...
Reagan still loves the color pink. It is always the first color he chooses; from bath crayons to sidewalk chalk pink is it! He still loves stickers too. He loves to get the mail and then sort it too. He jumps in the cozy coop and holds his legs up so we can push him to the mailbox (down the road.) Reagan is in charge of holding the HUGE PILE of mail on the way back home. It is a challenge to say the least; we only get the mail 1 time a week if that. He gets so excited to open letters and see the magazines that come. Thinking back, I guess we did too. My Mamanez bought us a subscription to Highlights each year for Christmas. I think I know why...she must have been a genius...she found a magazine just for kids, all about reading and animals and we got mail! I will do the same for Reagan this year. There are so many great ones to choose from. He will love it! Reagan is also really enjoying being a cameraman. He loves to take pictures and believe it or not usually gets the image he is aiming for. Add another item to the Christmas list. Reagan needs his very own indestructible camera. Tick...tick...
On to the things that his parents are lovin'...we love to hear Reagan sing. He knows so many songs and will just start singing when one pops into his head. So sweet! These are the moments you want on video and yet never seem to catch. I love to hear his simple requests for hugs, snuggles and of course his prayers. We love to hear him read too. He will pick up books and just start "reading" the words and pictures to himself. I beg for him to read to me at night too...sometimes he gives in and trades one of my stories for one of his. Again, where is the video? I love that he can explain what he is feeling and thinking and doing. I love that he can change my day with just a few words and a single look. Just yesterday we were getting ready to meet the family for dinner. I came out of the bedroom and was gathering a few things when Reagan walked up to me and said "Awwww, you look pretty. I want to hold you." Oh my gosh, my heart just melted! I really do have the sweetest child on earth! I love that he understands how much he is loved and knows how much his mommy needs to be snuggled right back...I love that he is still a snuggle baby.
Time is flying by and before I know it Reagan will be turning 3! He is already holding 3 fingers together and telling me that he will be 3. He wants to be 4 or 5 ("all of them fingers") like some of his friends, but I am just not ready for that. For those of you who plan ahead...his party will be at the JV park the weekend of November 16th so mark your calendars and celebrate with us! We are looking forward to a pirate party and lots of memories to treasure.

Flashlight in hand and prune in cheek trying out a new hairdo. Reagan was so proud of his daddy-do. Preston tried to make his hair a comb over no curl look. It held for a few minutes them pop, pop, pop the curls returned. I love um!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Posted by J Taylor at 7:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment