Saturday, August 16, 2008

GIANT CRABS AT GAIDO'S...
When in Galveston always go to Gaidos! It was our first stop along the Sea Wall. The whole fam filled up on fish and shrimp before heading down to Karankawa Beach--our resort get away for the week. It only took the words "look Reagan...the ocean" and I was sold! No one could have held me down I wanted to jump in and swim at first sight. Mom and dad had to convince me that the ocean was bigger and better by the beach house. I didn't think I could wait. This is also where my phrase for the week began..."big crabs, bigs eyes, big claws, big pinchers...not small...HUGE!" I was on the look out each night during our crab hunting adventures for a crab that could live up to the Gaidos Giant crab creature. I think we almost had it. In fact, I loved crab hunting so much that we even brought 2 store bought hermit crabs home. Welcome Spiderman and Taco to the family. I named them myself and I must admit that Spiderman is as big as they come. Mom laughed out loud thinking what next year might bring...a conch shell perhaps?






0 comments: