4 YEARS LATER...
Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!
Dad wanted to make this anniversary really special. He gets all the credit for being thoughtful and romantic. For those of you who knew mom and dad in college you know how special he can make mom feel; renting signs to profess his love on North street, flowers delivered every week, love letters taped to her car as if parking tickets, messages to unwrap with each stick of gum and on and on...well, it was one of those kind of nights. Mom knew they had plans to dine at Ouisie's Table, but shortly before leaving dad announced that mom needed to pack an overnight bag. She was shocked--where were they going? Dad would not tell. Mawmaws and Tim were on their way to pick me up for a night at the farm. Dad had given Mawmaws all the information so she already knew the big surprise. Then it was my turn to deliver the gift...dad purchased a necklace with my birthstone for mom. She has wanted one from the time I born. He put it around my neck so I could deliver it with sweet words, "Happy Anniversary Mom." I got a little embarrassed though...I wanted the necklace off and tried to pull it off before dad could get it unhooked. Whew! It didn't break, but it was tangled. I think dad almost had a heart attack. He was not a happy camper when he could not get the tangles out. He had to present it as a thoughtful plan gone crazy. Mom didn't care. She quickly untangled the chain and wore it with smiles all weekend. When Mawmaws arrived I jumped in the SUV and was ready to go. I was anxious to see the animals, feed the animals and meet the new calf that we named peanut butter. Mom and dad were ready to get to one of their favorite spots. Mom was looking forward to the seafood crepes as much as dad was the shrimp and grits. They loaded the van and were off--dad had another surprise playing...it was their wedding video followed by a tracks by a band they follow. Dinner was fantastic! The only thing that could have made it better was a chocolate bag for dessert; it wasn't on the menu, but they found a close second. At dinner dad revealed the big surprise; they were heading to Hotel Icon and he had reserved the same suite they stayed in the night of their wedding. Dad showed mom a picture of them entering the room 4 years ago on their wedding night and mom knew right away--how romantic! Yes, she was teary. 4 years brings many life changes; mom was so happy to spend a night with the man she fell in love with almost 11 years ago.
After sleeping in late and a lunch to follow mom and dad met Mawmaws at the outlet mall to retrieve their favorite lil man--me! When mom opened the door to the SUV I had the biggest smile on my face and called out "Mom, I see you...I've been looking and looking!" I think her heart melted all over again. How good it feels to be loved! I was the ultimate snuggle bug all the way home. It wasn't long after they discovered I was really getting sick. I spent Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at home with major respiratory issues, a sinus infection and ear infection too. 

Saturday, March 21, 2009
Posted by J Taylor at 5:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment