PICKING VEGGIES WITH MAWMAWS!...
I can't think of anywhere I would rather be than the farm! Mawmaws lets me be as creative and directive as I would like to be. I exhaust her all the while. I am Farmer Reagan. I drive the Kubota up and down the road and all around the pasture and then take a spin on the big tractor too. I name all of the animals taking special care to check on the new calves--there are 5 of them. I feed cows, chickens, roosters, turkeys, sheep and pigs. I give them water too. The pigs require special attention. Did you know that pigs don't sweat? They are a bit smelly too. They love the mud and I was in charge of making their mud bath...I had to pass the job onto mom...the pigs were shaking and splattering mud like Buster does water after his bath! I needed help picking all the yummy veggies too. By the way, do you know how many other critters live in the vegetable garden? I spotted quite a few. I really enjoyed twisting the tomatoes off the vine, but digging up the potatoes was a hot, messy job. My fingernails were getting dirty. Mawmaws didn't mind. She loved the potatoes the best. Digging them up, hands all a mess, brings back wondeful childhood memories of spending the day in the garden with her daddy. What can I say? I love the farm, the animals and all the good food too! Thanks for making my trip so special. Mom loves that I will have all the memories of the farm and quality time spent with you.



Monday, June 29, 2009
Posted by J Taylor at 3:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment