Wednesday, July 22, 2009

PALM BEACH AND THE OCEAN WAVES...
This post could probably be summed up in one sentence. I LOVE THE BEACH! So what if I called it "chocolate milk water," add Aunt Kaci to the mix and I am really having a good time. We were so lucky that the rain held off for us. We drove through lots of it on the way to Moody Gardens in Galveston, but then it was nothing but sunshine. Palm Beach was a hit! I can't believe this was our first trip here this summer. We swam through pools and trudged through all the rocky sand to visit each of the 4 sections. Ironically, I loved the splash pad and the giant waterfall of a mushroom. It did not bother me one bit that sprinklers were spraying from every direction and "soakin' me." I loved the water slides and the water "shooters" too. I can honestly say I could have done with out the water tower of doom though. Every 5 minutes or so gallons upon gallons of water would erupt from the water tower and beat down upon anyone in the surrounding area. It only took me a time or two to conclude that when the bell started ringing I needed to move fast! This was definitely the beach of luxury. We had a giant umbrella to shade us and 3 comfy loungers to relax in as we ate our picnic lunch from home. Only one thing was missing, "where are the waves?" That was all I needed to say because mom was missing the sound of the ocean too. We packed up all our beachin' stuff and headed on down to the Seawall. (Sigh)there they were...white caps, seagulls and the sounds that instantly relax you and call upon you to just stay awhile. We were a sandy mess, but lovin' every moment. We fed the gulls Crasins, made sandy mud balls to throw into the ocean waves, fetched pieces of seaweed from here and there, jumped over countless waves and sunk ourselves right into the sand itself. I got a little worried when mom and Aunt Kaci were partially buried in sand. There legs had sunk right under and I feared the waves would wash them away with the sharks. I refused! I insisted they move and reluctantly they did so. Mom tried her best to capture the moments, but I was too busy to fuss with a camera. She captured a familiar shot though. When Uncle Scott was my age mom caught him laying among the waves. It is one of mom's favorite pictures of him. I too was enjoying myself to bits in the waves and layed right down among them! I LOVE THE BEACH! Maybe mom and dad are right. I just might become the animal advocate, hippy at heart kind of kid that truly makes a difference in this world. I can't wait for our next trip in September. 4 days at the beach is a dream come true for me!
See me? No sunburn here. My mama knows how to keep me slathered in sunblock and covered from head to toe.

0 comments: