Thursday, August 06, 2009

2nd DEGREE DISASTER AVOIDED!...
We are busy bees around here. Mom has been in professional development courses for over a week now and we just seem to fly from here to there an back again. With the added drive time I have noticed quite a few changes in our area. For instance, we have new bridges, expanded toll road lanes and lots and lots of very large trucks driving very slow, dumping lots of dirt, lifting concrete beams and pilars, squishing the earth flat and so forth. I make up stories and ask questions about what I see them doing on the daily basis. Today, I was a mechanic. The truck was stuck and it had an "engine problem." Mom played right along. We continued to play as we got out of the car, unloaded the crazy full backseat and moved on to the trunk. Mom was loaded to the tippy top when I called out, "I'm going to fix the engine" and squatted down low. It took all of 1/2 a second for mom to realize what I was going for. I don't know how she knew, but seeing me squat out of the corner of her eye was enough. We avoided a 2nd degree disaster! I jerked my hand back from the exhaust pipe just in time. I was scared out of my skin from mom yelling, "No! Baby don't touch that, but only my thumb felt the heat. WHEW ~ mom dropped everything and we ran inside to run cool water on it for several minutes. Mom did not see any marks...thank God. I had but one question, "why that hot?" Mom tried to explain the workings of the car. TRIED. I recovered quickly and mom and I played with the coolest blocks to grace our doors. This time we had a different hands on approach. We built what we told stories about.

0 comments: