Tuesday, December 08, 2009

NAP NO MORE...
I have been distraught for months. I am the youngest of my original crew of buddies from school and the last to surrender my nap mat. Montessori rule--your naps end at 4. Mom was nervous and well, I was stoked! I would have given them up 4 months ago if I had the choice. I didn't care that my body craved them like the very air I breath. I wanted to be in the extended day program with my friends. It is all so mystical until you arrive. So, this is my last day of naps. My last day to fall asleep listening to "teachers talking" and "kids acting silly" and well you get the picture. Apparently school naps are not all they are cracked up to be, but as I will soon find out...either is extended day. There is a whole lot of work going on in there and I am EXHAUSTED! I think I will hold on to this nap mat for awhile...just in case.
Update--Oh, yes that was me. I was the kid who literally fell asleep in class, head smack down on the table and probably snoring sweetly. And, yes that was me too. It only took me 3 minutes total to crash as mom was driving me home. Still me. I am the one who now falls asleep while mom is reading my books at 6:45. I am EXHAUSTED and ever so proud that I don't take naps anymore.

0 comments: