THE POLAR EXPRESS...
Oh what fun it is to ride! We arrived just in time to capture some pictures on the tracks and see the engine pulling into the station. There was smoke and a whistle. I was so excited to board the train and thrilled when I heard him call out "ALL ABOARD!" My excitement grew when I saw a giant mug of cocoa topped with more whipped cream that a small child should ever ingest and chocolate shavings set before me. We were riding first class and mom and dad were so thankful. We had a table and picture window to ourselves but more importantly a little extra wiggle room. I'm a little wiggly...especially after drinking 2 mugs of cocoa and snacking on a chocolate brownie at bedtime. When the conductor came through the car I was quick to hand him my ticket. I was wondering if I would hear the bell. Sure enough, when the door opened I saw Santa and he had a bell just for me. I must have tested it ringing it softly then loudly and right in my ear hundreds of time. I had the Christmas spirit about me. I sang out loud all the carols I learned from our school program and gave mom and dad some winter chills. My innocence was precious to say the least. After pulling back into the station we opted for a more traditional dinner. We traveled into town by car this time to enjoy a meal with our Houston pals the Vasentines. It was a long way home that night, but an evening full of memories I will not soon forget.










Tuesday, December 08, 2009
Posted by J Taylor at 6:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment