Tuesday, January 05, 2010

FARMING IN THE NEW YEAR...
It had been way to long since our last farming adventures. I was longing to drive the Kabota and feed all my animals. I have to keep a close watch on a few cows in particular (peanut butter and marshmallow. By the way, you should always name a calf after food.)
Me, mom and dad headed to Bellville the morning of New Year's day. Mawmaws and Tim knew exactly what I would want to do so they intentionally "starved" the animals the night before. They were right...as soon as my rubber boots hit the muddy dirt I was ready to go! I am a child of habit and believe me I am not letting go of this one. I love the farm. I love driving. I love the animals. I love the freedom the choose orange caffeinated drinks from the outdoor fridge and smile as I slurp them! And this day in particular brought even more fun given Uncle Jeff and Amanda were there too. It was a real farm fun time...until I got tired. Then it was a bit silly, pretty noisy and mom saying silent prayers that I would sleep on the way home. Our bellies were full. New Year's tradition calls for a wealth of disgusting foods, but Mawmaws and Tim camouflaged it in some pretty delicious ways. You could not even taste the cabbage for the potatoes--and I was glad. Top that off with homemade desserts. Oh wow! There was pumpkin cheesecake with cinnamon wipped cream topping and cherry pie. We were set. How could this year go wrong? 2010 is sure to be filled with wonderful adventures and even more great food. Happy New Year!

0 comments: