MONTESSORI...
Here's a little taste of what I have been up to for the last 2 weeks.
I am writing words both copied and independently, coloring everything using my blocked out rainbow effect, learning to count by 2's and 5's and 10's and (drum roll please) READING! Truth be told, I have been reading words in isolation and environmental print for sometime now. Mom and I read book every night and recently I have expressed a greater interest in reading the books to her. But this month was special. My teacher announced to my class and to my parents that "I am a reader!" I bring home Bob books from school to share with mom and dad and I am so proud of myself. Mom can see the perfectionist in me develop even more as I set my heart and mind to achieve something like reading. She is sure to compliment my every achievement and every effort along the way. She knows all too well what being a perfectionist feels like. She wants me to always remember that "my very best is ALWAYS good enough." 



Monday, May 03, 2010
Posted by J Taylor at 7:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment