MOTHER'S DAY...
It began with Muffins for Mom at LMS on Cinco de Mayo. I made mom the most precious book and the school purchased a bookmark to accompany it. The greatest gifts for mom are made by me, but dad surprised her too. He brought home an arrangement of hydrangea, lilies and peonies masterfully arranged by Lala. Mom loves flowers; the way they make our house smell and look more like a welcoming home to relax in. Her favorites have changed through out the years, but she will always love peonies, hydrangea and parrot tulips. They hold special memories for her.
Mother's day festivities would not have been complete with out celebrating with the grandmothers and a special aunt too. To celebrate Mawmaws, we had brunch at Uncle Jeff's house and had some time to visit as we munched on this and that and relaxed outback poolside. Then we visited Big Grandma, Aunt Kay and Lala to hand deliver my own bouquet. Mom and dad helped me stamp my hand print into a flower shape in all the colors of the rainbow. I figured if my mama loved these handmade gifts everyone else would too. I was right! Happy Mother's Day to all the "Mama's" that help make me a better and even more loved little man.
I love you all.
Sunday, was Mother's Day and we were tired. We passed on a day full of excitement to relax at home and just spend some downtime with each other. Dad decided that he would grant mom's wish to repair my bathroom sink. I think we all thought it would be a fairly easy fix, but we were so wrong! Mom and I were shaken for our lounging time by dad screaming "JENNIFER!" That doesn't happen too often (okay, ever) around her so we knew something was bad wrong. Mom ran into the bathroom to discover a literal blast of water spraying out of where my sink handle should have been. It had not been spraying for long, but my floor and cabinets were already standing in water. Dad could not get it turned off so he headed outside to shut off the water main. In the mean time, mom ran to the garage, dumped our trash bags and drug the giant, nasty, trashcan into the house. As she tried to push, direct and shovel water into the can she directed me to grab the squeegee from the master shower. It thought it was great! I ran laughing to the shower and returned with the squeegee. Mom did her best to keep the water moving in the right direction but outside dad was struggling to get the main turned off. He had to yell to a neighbor to help as they tried different tools--it was stuck. Mean time, I was having the best moments of my life as I splished and splashed around my bathroom. It looked as if I was singing in the rain as I was tap dancing in inches water. When the water finally turned off we grabbed every towel in the house to clean up. We were so lucky that the "flood" as we called it did not make it to the carpet. It took every towel in our house to mop up the water, every item under the sink had to be tossed or dried. It was a HUGE MESS; a Mother's Day Mess. Mom and dad did eventually laugh at the entire situation and I must say my bathroom has never been cleaner. So much for relaxing, but we did have some quality time together. 



Sunday, May 23, 2010
Posted by J Taylor at 10:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment