Sunday, May 02, 2010

SUNNY DAYS...
We literally had to wear shades. Even through the squinting we could tell these ducks had not been fed in a long while. I was surrounded! They followed me with every turn I made. Even the ducklings were getting in on the action. I was loving every minute. We fed the ducks just shy of 2 loaves of organic wheat bread. They loved the good stuff! Mom had to remind me not to eat it. I called ducks by name, made sure each one had a equal share and even talked a few others out of being stingy. The picture does not even begin to tell you how many ducks we were feeding. I even fed some on the water. Mom really didn't like that idea though. I was getting too close for her comfort level.
THEN...the bread was gone. Some of the ducks thought we were holding out on them, but I was ready to go. We were hot!
I rode my bike all the way to the duck pond with out issue, but decided that the ride home was too long. My legs were tired :( In fact, given the circumstances I might never choose to ride it there again. Mom understood that this would be an issue even before we got started. We talked at home before leaving about the distance and that if I brought my bike I would need to ride it to and from the pond. So, I this point I just was not liking her response and she wasn't liking mine either. She told me I had 2 choices...I could ride my bike home or I could push it home. Either way, my bike was my responsibility because I decided to bring it. WHOA~big lesson on such a sunny day. I really did not care for what she had to say. I plopped myself right down on the sidewalk and thought I could wait her out. It did not work. I cried. She meant every word. I pushed my bike home and lucky for me she forgave me and acted like a cheerleader the whole way home. Sure, the neighbors think we are nuts, but I made it and my legs did not fall off.

0 comments: