THE DINOSAURS ARE HERE!...
The zoo recently opened a dinosaur exhibit. It was a must see for me. I enjoy all things science and discovery and therefore dinosaurs are on my favorites list. We had already left the house when we discovered our camera had been left behind. The moments we were able to capture were on our iphone cameras and therefore are not as clear as we would like (mom will try to post those soon.) Our memories on the other hand will not soon be forgotten. The dinosaurs were HUGE! I understood they were made of plastic. I know that dinosaurs are extinct, but they looked so real. Mom read me facts about each one as I guessed if they were carnivorous or herbivorous. I know lots about teeth; some are for grinding, some tearing and some biting. My favorite dinosaur had a head that looked like an alligators head. It made seeing the relation between the animals easy. Did you know that the Tyrannosaurus was about 17 feet tall and 40 feet long? He was all tail and no arms. Or that the Brontosaurus was about 40 feet tall and all neck? Or how about that most dinosaurs were the size of chickens? I loved this exhibit! We walked it twice. It made the EXTREME heat of the day exciting rather than exhausting. We are sure to travel back to these times again soon. 
Wednesday, June 09, 2010
Posted by J Taylor at 3:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment