Friday, April 30, 2010

FULL SLEEVES...
For some reason (unknown to mom of course) I have always been fascinated with tattoos.  Before I could even verbalize what I was looking at I would point at those I saw who displayed the mystery ink.  By 3, I was describing what my future tattoos would look like.  I wanted an octopus and flames and told stories of riding motorcycles with my dad knowing that my mom would not be happy.  Here I am at 4...creating my very own look.  Obviously full color is my ink preference and I could not have been more happy to show it off.  I walked around the living room with my chest swelled, back arched and a face reserved for the most serious of occasions.  That of course was followed up by a muscle man competition and a series of smiles mom will always want to remember.  I tried to argue my way out of a dip in the tub but it was no luck.  It was soon to follow regardless of the fact I wasn't ready to surrender my ink.  I was forced given washable markers rub right off of sweaty boys and onto everything touched around the house.  I bet you can guess what my first question was post bath..."can I make my tattoos again?"  Mom just keeps saying she likes my "peachy skin" the best.  Only the Lord knows where this great big world of chance will take me and all my precious peachy skin.  Mom knows in her heart that I am a creative pot about to boil over.  I am the perfect combination of reservation and comic relief.  I see prospect and excitement in everything around me.  I love the arts, drama of every kind, dressing up and imaginative play, music, reading, writing and science.  I love to try new things especially if they revolve around these.  Mom has learned so much about the important things in life just by interacting with me; playing and pretending and just getting messy.  I think tattooed 4 year olds make excellent teachers and even better little boys to love on and cherish forever.    

0 comments: