Tuesday, July 20, 2010

ROLLER RINKIN'...
I can't tell you how many years it has been since mom put on a pair of roller skates, but this was my first rollin' adventure.  We needed something new and exciting to make us laugh till we cried and this was just the event.  We laced up our skates and hit the floor--literally.  I laughed all the way down and back up again at least the first few times.  Frustration hit me a few laps later but each turn got a bit easier...at least for me.  Mom was busy holding on to me trying to ease my burden while increasing hers 10 fold.  Imagine skating for hours bent at the waist with arms both extended and flexed.  We took lots of breaks but enjoyed our laps around the rink.  We earned our down time that afternoon as we were TIRED!  Little did we know we were a party of 3 that day.  My little brother was skating right along with us.  Whew--how will she ever hold on to both of us?
Mom printed the first picture and put it on the fridge.  Even now when I see this picture I tell mom we need to go back and skate again.  But, with her belly out in front, I don't think her balance would be quite as good this go round.  Our next rollin' adventure will have to come post little man #2.

0 comments: