FOOTBALL SEASON IS BACK...
Wow! I am already in my second season of football. Mom can hardly believe how fast the time goes by. Here I am at 44 weeks. The 1 year birthday party plans have already begun (for those of you who are wondering, it will be held on Sat., November 18th...please make plans to be here :) )
I have outgrown just about everything in my closet. I am on to 24 month clothes now. Being tall sure does make it hard to shop for me. I am stretching out a bit with all my crawling and I am bumping into everything. Mom keeps joking that she is going to put me in a padded helmet to protect me...it might not be a bad idea. It seems I knock myself out daily. I am standing in my Pack-n-Play, in my crib and pulling up on everything I can get my hands on. Mom is trying to teach me that the swiveling rockers are a bad idea. She signs "no" to me and tells me "no" too. I just look at her and frown and fake cry. I know what she is saying, but I don't like it one bit. A few more bumps and I might remember.
I have decided that baby food is NASTY! I like what mom is eating better. I love grapes and bananas--the real ones of course...no mush for me. I like my new biter biscuits and I am making lots of fun messes with those. Mom gave me a bite of cheese too. SHHHHH, don't tell. My doctor thinks I should wait a bit longer. I have also tried turkey. That stuff is gross. For all of those who like to laugh at mom, yes it was organic :) Mom keeps telling dad that she is going to have to cook more. The days of baby food already preped are almost over. This boy is ready for some big boy food. I can drink out of a straw and love ice cold water. Aunt Melissa says it will give me the hicups. That's okay by me.
I can click my tongue and I am immitating everyone around me. I can make a piggy sound too. Uncle Scott says it sounds like I have a runny nose and way too much snot. Mom and dad think it is hillarious!
My fine motor skills are out of this world. Mom is not bias. I can push tiny buttons to play my music, turn on and off lights and find the smallest of things to play with . I have no fear! This makes mom a bit nervous. I like to look over the edge of my highchair, lean over the edge of my crib and the bed and climb on everything including the bumpers. Mom is just waiting for me to fall out. She is considering a net to scoop me in with.
I like to cheer for myself too. I clap my knees with my hands and say yea! I have clapped my hands just once (on Sept.13th) This was a big accomplishment. Mom, Grandma Malone and Aunt Melissa have been working on this one for awhile. I can wave bye-bye too. I waved to my Uncle Dean for the first time on August 27th. We were celebrating dad's birthday. Since then it has been now and again. If you get a wave you are extra special! I am reaching for all the things I want and crawling after them too. Mom is still my favorite toy! She loves it when I put my arms up for her to get me or try to crawl up her legs. Mom's are so silly like that!


My first time to pull up successfully in my Pack-n-Play. YEA!
Saturday, September 02, 2006
Posted by J Taylor at 12:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment