Wednesday, April 11, 2007

GALVESTON GET AWAY...
There were lots of fish, sand, smiles and sea, but NO SUN! We took a road trip...finally! Mom has been promising me that we would make it to the beach and we finally did. I don't think I liked it though. It was FREEZING and mom wanted to walk me all the way out on the pier! It was all of 40 degrees and the wind was blowing so hard against mom's teeth as she smiled that they hurt. She wanted me to have the full experience; feel the wind, see the waves, smell the stink and hear the ocean waves crash against the rocks. It worked. I had plenty. None of this could keep mom and dad from stopping for ice cream on the seawall though. Like I said, they believe in having the full experience! I'll give the beach another try this summer. Warm weather and water seem to be a better match. Next time I'll be surfin' the waves, building sand castles and more.
I loved Moody Gardens and the Rain Forest Cafe too. Fish have always been my favorite. I saw all kinds of fish and sea life, penguins and sea lions too. A funny thing happened with the last of those guys. Mom and I were standing looking at the sea lion tank under ground when the largest of the bunch swam so close to the window that mom got startled. She jumped back and said whoa. Well, that scared the bajebbies out of me. I started crying and wanted nothing to do with the big swimming beasts and the scary tank. Mom had to prove to me that she was fine and that the sea lions really are beautiful creatures. We had plenty of time to point and laugh afterward. I went from exibit to exibit loving every minute of my adventure. There were so many things to see and I just pointed at them all. I ooohed and ahhhhed and laughed and giggled and pointed some more. Mom and dad were thrilled that I was having such a good time. Then we were off to lunch in the rain forest. I ate my lunch surrounded by elephants and gorillas and a fluttering butterfly too. Talk about entertainment. I wasn't even scared! After lunch mom and dad took me on my first river ride. Mom held on tight. There was lots to see and hear we had the whole tube to ourselves.
The ride home was relaxing. I was worn out. Mom and I snoozed while dad obeyed the traffic signs. We got a speeding ticket on the way there so at least he learned from his mistake :). Until next time Galveston! See you this summer.









BRRRRRRR...My nose is red, but it is not from the sun

0 comments: