I SLEEP WHERE?
A camping we will go; a camping we will go; high-ho-the-dairy-o a camping we will go...AND WE WILL LIKE IT!
We had our first camping adventures in Bastrop, Texas. Mom, dad and I were so excited. Mom picked out the tent of her dreams and made big plans to cook and enjoy campfire meals. Luckily Aunt Carley and Uncle JJ have more experience and a bit more sense in these situations. They have the practice that mom and dad plan to acquire in the WINTER! Whew was it hot! Memorial weekend brought record highs and with that I had mud trails running down my little cheeks. Mom and dad said I have never been dirtier, but I did not mind. I would have rather stayed dirty than face the solar shower again. 2 showers a day was just too much spraying of water for me. I tried to tell them through my screaming and crying petition that DIRT DON'T HURT, but they forced me clean anyway...at least until my feet hit the sand again.
We enjoyed the outdoors, the stars overhead and the time with family away from the hustle of Houston. We could have done with out the swarms of flies and hornets though they were invading our space and we tried it all to rid ourselves of them. Finally the ranger had to fog the site while we went fishing. I borrowed worms from a fellow camper and I caught a fish! I was so proud! Uncle JJ turned it into bait :( but he came home with a string of catfish...our fish tacos for dinner that evening. YUM! Wesley and I were into it all except the food. We filled our bellies with juice boxes and chex mix as mom introduced Wes to the good 'ol M&M. Wesley and I raced match box cars, colored pictures outside and rode our bikes into every lump of dirt and sand we could find. We ran, we cried and we enjoyed it all including the water fights straight out of the cooler. We were soaked! We are looking forward to fall and our next big adventure in the cooler outdoors. As for mom and dad...they are working off the many campfire smores and have finally located the long lost scorpian, centipede thing that we found in the car. I guess the heat was good for something...it cooked the bug and mom found the remains under the floorboard mat. GO MOM!









Monday, June 23, 2008
Posted by J Taylor at 1:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment