A MOMMY AND ME DATE...
Mom and I had a very important date. Uncle Jeff got us tickets to the Nutcracker and mom was so excited to share some of her favorite memories with me. She picked me up from school and dressed me up for the big event. It was a series of events that I hope I will never forget. We had dinner at Hard Rock Cafe and I sat wide eyed as I looked at waiters covered in tattoos with spikey hair. I thought guys like that only existed in Guitar Hero. I was loving it! I heard rock-n-roll and watched music videos on the big screen. To say the least conversation was lacking as I enjoyed all the sights and sounds of the restaurant. Then we were off to a different scene but more wonderful music. Mom and I enjoyed hot cocoa as we stood in awe of the giant Christmas tree and picked out one too many Nutcrackers. I selected a red one with sparkles and then mom found a smaller version and a Rat King too. I can act out the ballet in front of my own tree. We watched as the orchestra rehearsed and then found our seats as the ballet began. Mom had no idea how I would react...I LOVED IT! She thought I would be asleep by intermission, but I stayed eyes wide enjoying each scene until the finale. I laughed as the cooks flew across the stage and yelled out laughing "Wow! Snow!" as it fell from the sky. Mom was grinning ear to ear as I enjoyed the ballet as much as she did the first time seen. She enjoyed it even more this time watching it through my eyes. It was magical. Mom counts this as one of her best dates. I was a perfect gentleman and so full of love.
As the date with mom came to a close I was still talking about all I had seen and heard. When an upbeat instrumental piece is played I instantly recall the Nutcracker. On the other hand, I have been experimenting with what I have seen and heard at Hard Rock Cafe too. My hair is no longer considered curly. It is now referred to as spiky! What's more...just the other day I decided to draw my own tattoos. Mom was shocked as I explained what each one was. I had a very large snake, a dragon with sparkles and fire and a Spiderman on my back. Mom played along and reassured herself that tattoos are not for little boys. She has at least 15 more years of my beautiful peachy skin to admire :)



Mom tried to capture each moment of our date. I gave her more silly than she expected. She'll take it anyway she can get it!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Posted by J Taylor at 4:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment