Thursday, December 18, 2008

SANTA'S LITTLE HELPER...
You might also call me The Christmas Caroling Class Clown :) Mom, Dad and Mawmaws were in for a treat; my class had a Christmas Program and I was standing front row. I am the youngest in my class by at least 4 months. My friends are all between 3-5.5 years old. We worked on memorizing and practicing our songs for weeks at school. There were 7 songs and we sang every verse in each song. The parents were all amazed--they don't even know all the words. I had been sharing the songs with mom at home and she finally had to ask my teacher for a song sheet. She wanted to sing along too.
The minute my class rounded the corner to enter the "stage" I was looking for mom and dad. As soon as I saw mom I grinned and started sharing all the details...in a loud voice of course, "Mom, it's cold outside, brrrr. It's raining outside. We get lemonade and cookies!" Oh, mom wishes she already had the video camera on because that is where the laughter started. Mom has always heard stories about dad and his ways. He had no shine on his private school belt buckle because he spent most of his time standing in a corner rubbing his belly on the wall. Mom saw it all startingagain this day. The songs began and I was interested for about a verse or two. I think I was in shock with all the cameras and video pointing at us. I just started looking around and playing with my jingle bell necklace. Seriously though, what teacher gives a group of kids a jingle bell necklace the day of the show...we had to play with them. Well, that is when I decided that playing peek-a-boo with dad might be fun too. I covered my eyes and then quickly pulled down my hands to reveal a silly face, a smile, an angry face and more. The parents all giggled and my teachers tried to refocus me. Mom and dad just let the camera roll. I am sure they will be using this video later in life to torture me. I was proud of myself and continue to sing all my songs for mom at home. She even captured me on video singing away on the toilet before bath time. My favorite carol is Johnny ol Saint Nicolas, followed by All I want for Christmas is My 2 Front Teeth and Roudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. But my surprises were not over yet...when we left school shortly after the program we were surrounded by snowflakes! What a Houston treat! Mom was big eyed! She wants to build a snowman, make a snowangel and host a snowball fight--maybe next year mom. Mom will post video of my program and my toilet tunes here soon. Merry Christmas!



0 comments: