SPACE WALKING INTO FATHER'S DAY...
We took the long drive out to NASA to celebrate dad. It was our first time there and the perfect day too. It was hot outside yet perfectly cool inside. We beat the the heat and the crowd, ate astronaut ice cream and got dad some coffee too. THANK GOODNESS FOR COFFEE! From now on we will stop for coffee before we ever get on the road...dad is a much happier person after his daily cup. I was just glad to be with my family--mom and dad. After my eyes adjusted to the dim lights and my ears accepted the "scary" music I was ready to go. I loved the "bad guy astronauts" mom and dad recognized them from Star Wars, but I just kept asking why they were on Earth and when they were going back to their space rocket. I was brave, I took my picture with them and totally stopped all action when they reappeared. WOW! I climbed in and out and all around the Martian Matrix and used my own "shooter" for the Clone Wars game. In fact, I even popped the trigger a few too many times as mom's hand was loading a ball--BOOM--mom's fingers felt a bit funny for the rest of the day. I guess that is why we had to wear goggles. Best of all, I really enjoyed the challenge. Dad and I timed ourselves as we jumped over and then crawled under green laser lights--2 minutes is not so bad when you are 6.6 and carrying a 40 pound extension, right? I thought we were great...we completed the course 3 times that day. Soon after, we discovered the kids area where I could build and launch rockets, participate in all kinds of space life dramatic play and weight lift on different planets. I sure am glad we don't live on Jupiter--everything is so heavy there. In fact, I weighed myself and according to their scales I weighed 42 pounds on Earth, 8 pounds on Mars, 104 pounds on Jupiter and 49.5 pounds on Neptune. As much as I like to be held mom was really liking Mars. She was excited about the new experiences and how much fun I was having so we bought a membership. What a deal--8 dollars more and we can come back for the next year. The next time we head to Galveston we have a new stop to make--Space Center Houston. There is so much for kids and adults to see and learn. We stayed until our tummies grumbled and then it was time to eat...after looking at the traffic, mom really wanted to head to the beach for dinner. Escaping Houston for sand and sea is always a good idea in mom's book, but it did not take long for us to see Papasito's. Yummy in our tummies. Happy Father's Day Dad. We love you lots and hope we were able to make you feel just how much.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Posted by J Taylor at 9:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment