REAGAN SAYS aka REAGANISMS PART 3...
Wheels are turning in this head of mine and believe me when I tell you that lips are flapping too. I have much to say about a little and even more to say about a lot. In fact, dad has been quick to reference a conversation he had with Mawmaws long before I was born. Mawmaws said that when mom was little girl, she stopped to listen to everything she had to say. She allowed her to participate in conversations with adults and she validated her expressions and her opinions thus leading to the mommy we have today. Mom is always thinking, processing and responding...okay, yes...she is opinitated and so am I. You have to look at the thinking behind the talking though. Mom sees the bleeding heart I am and notices how mature I am for my age--literally 3 going on 30. We won't say what that makes mom, but we know we are both "old souls." I understand emotions and how I can change a situation just by using my words. For good or bad, mom encourages all the talking and loves to listen. Welcome to Reaganisms Part 3...mom does not want to forget these thoughtful and witty word moments with her lil man...
There are moments of funny...
While watching So You Think You Can Dance we always pick our favorite dancers. That picking led to this conversation.
R "Mommy which one will you be? You like ballet?"
M "Yes, I want to be the ballerina."
R "You don't know ballet...you need to practice a lot."
I love telling silly stories. I love to use made up, nonsense words and so forth...these are my latest and gratest creations...
R "Little baby fafa, koy,koy, fufu!" Of course I am laughing up a storm as I use them.
I also love to incorporate Spanish words into songs and play. Mom loves to sing this one with me. She has heard the bilingual pre-k children work on these same pre-reading sounds at school. I guess I am learning Spanish at LMS.
R "Ma, me, mi, mo, mu...Pa, pe, pi, po, pu" and then of course the silly..."ra,re,ri, ro, ru...za, ze, zi, zo zu" and so on.
I love rhyming words. I make up pairs of rhymes all the time. Believe me when I tell you it is fun for all ages (or at least 30 and 3.)
Just the other day I was riding in the car with mom. I guess I had been quiet for too long so mom looked back to check on me. These are the words I heard, "Reagan! What are you doing?"
I was sitting oh so still with my eyes crossed to the middle of my nose. I think she thought I would stay like that forever...calm down mom! I am just working on some more silly faces for the camera :)
There are moments of serious...
Buster is a lump these days--that's what mom says. He is a blind, deaf, snoring, tooting, slobbering, accident having, cantankerous old dog. All that said, we still provide him a blanketed pallet to sleep on under a cozy desk, in a dark room, under a nice, cool fan. I have heard dad defend him so often it just rolls off my tongue these days.
R "Don't worry about Cologal. He is an old man. Just and old man and his ears not working. Don't worry about him. Okay?"
Where have I heard this one? We were enjoying our dinner. The meat Mr. Tim gave us was amazing and I just needed to know...
R "Is this organic?"
Mom and dad just giggled. Then ran down the list of what was and was not considered organic and why. Mom tries to encourage me to eat what she calls "growing foods." I think I am finally getting the big picture. However, I would like to ammend the list of growing foods to include candy, lollipops and popsicles please. I have no idea why those were left of the kid friendly, growing food list.
There are sweetly, sincere moments too...
Mom is always so sad when the disciplinarian has to come out, but she understands that I need to know the "why" behind the decisions that are made and the "consequences" for the words and actions that do not abide by our family rules and standards. So, yes, I do get into a heap every now and again. I am 3...what do you expect? I am learning to set personal boundaries and how to manipulate situations and so on. On this day in particular mom and I had a big talk after my time out...I knew what I needed to do...I sat down on the rug in front of mom and sincerely apologized,
"Mommy, I'm sorry. I so, so, so sorry. I not do it again. I was rude at you. I so sorry. We a team. Team Taylor!"
Well, that was just about all mom could handle. It was an emotional day and moms tears were running as she held me in her arms. She was sorry too.
My words come from the sweetest place in my heart. I may act out, but I know when I have done wrong...
"Mommy, I break this. I so sorry. I not mean to break that. I love you so much. I you punkin."
Or, the irrestiable...
"Hold me, hold me! Never ever let me go. Just hold me, hold me..." Oh, yes, I know the song. Mom taught me long ago and I can get picked up faster than you can guess by singing these sweet little words. Mom loves to snuggle her sweeta peeta punkin!
There are moments of hard cold truth...
I notice lots of details. I like to make comparisons and describe things too. In all this, I have a new favorite word and it describes mom perfectly...
R "Mommy, I am little and you are 'puffy'. "
Mom was so glad I did not use the words 'fat' to describe her. Puffy is such a sweet truth.
I didn't stop there though...
R "Your hair smells yucky. You need to take a bath." You know me...I am obsessed with hair. I hold it as my comfort and apparently now I smell it too. Seriously, mom needs to know when this habit will be gone for good. I am really branching out now. I felt my gymnastics coaches hair and Uncle Al's hair too.
R"You need to shave your legs. Your hair is poky." Mom has to agree with this one. She knows the feeling well...dad's face is so rough!
Here are some of my favorite phrases...
"Pllllleeeeaaaaase, I cute!"
"Don't worry about my food."
"We need to say our prayers."
"That maka me sick."
And a few of my favorite things...
I love chocolate chip pancakes! I love to mix all the ingredients in the bowl and watch them bubble up in the pan. FYI- bubbles mean the pancake is ready to flip. I am the flipper (at least sometimes.)
My new favorite pancake is a throw back to mom's childhood. Mawmaws made all the kids special order pancakes when mom was little. There were teeny, tiny, quarter sized pancakes and pancakes as big as your head. Well, I love pancakes as big as your head! They are my special order now. However, I also want 3 marshmallows (because I am 3 years old) and fruit to make the pancake face. Sliced strawberries make an excellent tongue!
By the way, please do not try to fool me with the instant pancake from the toaster or the shake and pour mess. They taste "Yucky a me!"
AND, just in case you were wondering...I've been planning for the next year....Halloween and my birthday could not come any sooner...I have it all figured out!
I love the #5! I want to be 5! "After I 4, I be 5!" and I am going to have a superhero party! I claimed this idea as we were leaving my 3rd birthday pirate party last November. Get your costumes ready friends...superheros always dress up!
Mawmaws bought me the Spiderman bedding I have been drooling over for months now. My big boy bed has never looked better. I have the most "snuggly" quilt and an awesome duvet cover and shams too. Mom is doing her best to match paint colors so she can paint my room before we head back to school year and the chaos that follows. Thank you Mawmaws for helping me be SPIDY! I love Spiderman and all the superheros too!
And for Halloween...
R "Daddy be a bear transformer and it crawl and claw. Mommy be a girl transformer. A bigger size not a little size. I have a bigger size too. I be a transformer skywalker (Star Wars) for Halloween. Big hammer mashes all the things. Red and blue...blue eyes..."
I guess mom and dad should start searching...I have very specific needs here.
Mom says that 3 year olds are much more difficult to tend to than the 2's, but I think that is just because we are busy putting into action all the things we have learned in our very busy 3 years. I know I am always searching for the consistent truth in a situation. If I see it done one way your better believe I am going to repeat it just the same way. I am finding myself and remebering how I feel and how I was treated in different situations. I recognize now how people respond to me and treat me and I can verbalize how that makes me feel. I may have a lot to say about everything, but I am just so thankful I have family and friends who will listen and love me all the same.
Thursday, July 09, 2009
Posted by J Taylor at 7:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment