CRACK THE EGG NOT YOUR HEAD!...
Look what hatched in my kitchen! This is no "normal" egg. ROAR!...my very own dinosaur. I watched over him for 2 days as his egg cracked and body parts began to emerge from the shell. I worried about what he would eat and if he would be lonely without his mom and dad. I checked on him morning, noon and night and reported all the new happenings to mom and dad. What's next on the a la carte egg menu? We've tried butterflies and now reptiles too...
OUCH! My big egg head! I just about cracked it open too. My poor nose has seen 5 too many falls. I guess I must be lucky...I still have all my teeth.
I was busy washing the dog with daddy out back. I guess I was washing more than the dog because I was here and there and here again with the hose. Mom doesn't know the whole story given she was inside when the screaming started, but somehow I got tangled in the hose and BAM! SPLAT! SCREAM! No skin and a swollen nose later I was sitting in the bathtub with an ice pack on my face. Somebody please teach me how to use my arms when I fall. My knees and elbows are looking great...I want my face to match :)
Here is the update...my nose has healed leaving a pink scar deeper than before, but hopefully something that glops of Mederma can handle. Trouble is now I am bruised. LMS called mom just yesterday to let her know that I had fallen yet again. This time, I was just being a boy. Simply, running across the playground when the splat occurred. It brought tears. So sad. Mom was already on her way to get me, but hearing that her baby was sitting in the office with ice on his face so not so settling. And, yes, they probably called because mom is "That Mom." I had not lost any skin, but I did have a knot and a lovely purple bruise from ear to cheekbone. I guess it shook me up because I was silent from the time she picked me up to the last turn on the way home. I didn't answer questions, I didn't say a word, make a request or otherwise. Mom was shocked. This is not my typical behavior...a Sonic run was in order. We added a little positive drama to the trauma. What do you know...I spoke! I immediately said, "oh please, I cute!" This was in response to the "how about a strawberry shake" question. And mom agreed. Even with a purple cheek and a melted icepack stuck to my face I was the cutest kid she knows...inside and out!
PS... A Popsicle is just what you need when a boo-boo makes you cry...hence the ring around my mouth. Cheese!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Posted by J Taylor at 6:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment