Sunday, October 18, 2009

PUNKINS...
It is a yearly tradition dating back to my time in the womb. Mom and dad love this time of year (mosquitoes barred that is--check out my ear in a later post.) They are always so eager to announce the day when the cooler weather arrives. "It smells like fall" they say. It is more than that for mom though. This is the time she recalls toting her "lil punkin" right around in her belly and dreaming of what I would become. This was our 5th family punkin picture and I was plenty happy to dress in my best and pose for a pic or two. As long as I had plenty of time to run the rows of pumpkins with my good buddy Austin and carry a few from here to there I was good to go. The rows were rearranged and mom stuck her finger straight through another, but I was in no hurry to leave. I would have stayed all night. I was on the look out for a honkin'-huge pumpkin; a tall stem and really, really big. I was quite disappointed when we heard the words "cash only." I had to settle for 2 wee-little ones and a sticker. I'll be back!

0 comments: