REAGIES ON ICE!...
I thought the third time should have been the charm. I am a perfectionist at heart (hum, I wonder where I get that from?) Mom rented me this scooter of sorts and we hit the ice--literally. Mom had to remind me that we were not experts. Every new thing takes practice and practice does not have to lead to perfection. We were there to have fun and falling is all part of the fun sometimes. Except I was the one falling...not her. Mom was bent over at the waist holding on to me and the scooter to ensure it didn't get away from me. She pointed out all the other big kids using these contraptions but I wanted to be free of it. Mom got a taste of my will and what a strong desire will get you. I huffed and puffed until I was just about done with skating. I was ready to set off on my own and moved my feet as fast as I could to stay upright. It looked as if I was running on the ice. Mom cheered of course and encouraged me to keep going, keep trying and to never give up. She was so impressed. It was as if the scooter was just holding me back. I was free without it and much happier upon my falls. I just needed some help getting back up. It was slippery. Mom was thankful I have some cushion on my backside because it sure came in handy to soften those falls. We were both worn out and chilly. It was a huge contast from the nasty, humid hot of outdoors. I think we will save our next trip for November or December. We love the outdoor rink at Discovery Green. I'll be a bit bigger then and even stronger too.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Posted by J Taylor at 4:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment