SPARKLE, SPARKLE, BURN...
It was a wonderful weekend full of family, fun and food, but it wouldn't be complete with out a tiny, Taylor sized fireworks show. There were cherry bombs to blacken the street, whizzing spinners, dancing chickens and other random cuties, but the highlight has always been the sparklers. They are my favorite as I get to play with fire. I hold them at arms length running up and down the sidewalk smiling ear to ear and screaming. It kind of gives the appearance of fast streaks of lighting...that's how fast I run of course. Ordinarily my feet don't mind given mom makes me wear shoes (and head phones), but dad was running the show this year and shoes were optional. Mom should have spoken up because amidst all the fun my foot took a direct hit. BURN. I had a tiny hole in the bottom of my foot that quickly formed a blister. God knew what we would need because we had just returned from the farm with a giant aloe vera plant. It was perfect for the picking and even better for soothing my burn. Mom didn't remember how funny the gel smelled but she remembered how often they used it at her house growing up. Thank you Mawmaws for the aloe plant. I still have a tiny, circular scar to remind me of the golden rule...always wear your shoes around fireworks. It's dark. You can not see what lies head of your sparkler. All fun stops when you step upon a spark.
a
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Posted by J Taylor at 3:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment