Wednesday, September 22, 2010

TAE KWON DO...
I have begged for over a year now to take TKD. Mom and dad always thought it was a great idea but understood that I needed time to still be a kid. We had already committed to 2 different after school activities. Moms and kids alike need a few days to just enjoy the evening and some at home play time. Then summer rolled around. A new TKD gym opened up and it had wonderful reviews as well as a summer time 6 week trial special. I was thrilled! I jumped into my uniform and screamed "YES SIR!" with every reply. For several weeks I showed off my natural ability and love for the class. Then...things changed. I grew tired of the classes and tears filled my eyes. Mom and dad put their parental feet down and repeatedly stated that we must finish what we start. I had the choice to sign up again or decide that I did not want to continue with the classes, but I had to complete my 6 week session. I think it might have been tougher on mom than me, but we made it and I made a choice too. I would rather give soccer or football a try. So, until the next go round...stick with what you start. Persevere. Always do your best work!

0 comments: