Friday, August 27, 2010

NOT AN OLD MAN YET...
That had to be established early in dad's birthday the week.  He was turning 33 and after hearing from a friend at school that old people die like grandma's I needed to know that dad was still a young man.  To make matters even more complicated a second friend decided to inform me that if you are dead you can be a zombie in a graveyard.  We had already taken our annual trip to graveyard working this year.  It was the first time mom shared with me what all the headstones were, why they were there and why we were there.  She did her best to tell me more about Heaven, God, our souls and what that meant when our life ended here on earth.  I'm pretty sure I didn't grasp that conversation though (at least not all of it) because shortly after and upon bed time I shared with mom that I didn't want to go to Heaven because I didn't want to die and be put in the dirt.  Let phase 2 of the conversation begin.  This year, we celebrated being another year young and all the possibilities that brings; including a daddy again.





0 comments: