Saturday, August 07, 2010

SWIMMING TO 4 YEARS OLD!...
Wesley is 4 and he knew how to celebrate with a perfect combination of swimming and monster trucks.  I made sure he knew that I was still bigger than him.  He was a little four...I am almost 5.  Oh, how these conversations drive moms crazy.  Who is bigger, stronger, faster...does it ever end?  A pint sized version of the Joneses I suppose.
When we hit the pool mom let me play with the water squirters (not guns she says.)  She can call them whatever she likes because I knew it was all the same thing...exactly what I had been waiting for!  We filled them up and had water wars between laps and splash attacks.  Wesley took a summer full of swim lessons and enjoyed showing off his underwater skills.  I took a more reserved stance this go round, but still loved to jump in from the side, off the rocks or into dad's arms in addition to hanging on to swim, float and relax around the pool.  Neither of us wanted to get out of the pool, but hamburgers and cake were a good bribe.  When the time came for opening gifts I had googly eyes.  I saw so many things I wanted to take home with me.  Wesley received Hex Bugs and an Iron Man mask that nearly had me crazy with impatience.  Luckily I was able to play alongside him and wait my turn...I had my own Hex Bugs by the end of the week (or maybe even that evening.)  The little guys of the family are growing up fast.  Our moms can't believe how quickly we grow and learn.  Our personalities are as different as our outward appearances, but we are each loved beyond measure by all.  



0 comments: