35 month, just shy of 36 month, HAPPENINGS...
Have a few laughs and then check back...this entry is just getting started :)
We recently brought my wedding portrait home from my mom's house. I guess Reagan had never really taken notice of it until it was here at our home. It was laying frame and all on the couch--he just stared at it then looked at me and said, "Mommy, you a princess? So pretty." He walked right over to me, held my cheeks and kissed my eyes. I could not be more in love with this child. He makes such an effort to make others around him feel special and wow! He melts my heart. FYI--I later asked him if I was still a princess and the reply was sadly "no." A cheerful no, but still no. I guess the title of mom trumps princess anyway.
We were driving home from school today and Reagan said, "Where is Kroger?" We were approaching the store and I told him the directions. (He really likes to hear them verbalized these days. He repeats them as we drive right alongside his arm waving and finger pointing) I asked him why he needed to know where Kroger was and he began to list all the things we needed to shop for..."blackberries, strawberries, yellow cheese, white cheese...what else?" Yes, we were out of all of the above and he remembered all of his favorite things. Needless to say...we stopped in and shopped for them all.
Reagan is so excited about his pirate party. He has been naming friends and inquiring if they will be at his party. He tells everyone we meet that he is having a "Pipit poty." :)
UPDATED 11/22/08:
Reagan loves to acknowledge the fact that he is growing up. Sad for me, but very true and exciting for him. He constantly compares things that big boys do to things that babies do. Here is his latest quote, "Mommy, I'm ENORMOUS! Measure me." followed by a series of the following..."When I grow bigger like daddy, I have nuts!" For reference he is referring to peanuts. He has not had them yet so they seem very interesting to him...something to look forward to. "Coke is not for babies and big boys go tee-tee and poo-poo in the potty. Babies go tee-tee in the pants and go poo-poo in the pants. Not me!" This of course is followed by a list of all his friends that are potty trained and those who are not quite there yet. Even 10 month old Ella is on the list. Then there is the 2nd stage of sad for mommy as Reagan says, "I grow bigger and bigger and you no hold me anymore. I hold you." I made him promise that last part again. Reagan is 41 inches long and just about 42 pounds. He really isn't stretching the truth by much, but I will do my best to hold on and pick up as long as I can. He will always be my little baby. When he was just born people were tempted to call him peanut. I would always whisper to him that he was more special than a peanut...he was a cashew (mommy's favorite.) We even tease daddy that he is a Brazil nut. Daddy likes to think he is an Almond though. Three years have quickly come and gone, but I can still play with Reagan calling him peanut. He will quickly comment back, "I'm not a peanut! I'm a cashew!" I love this kid--he really listens to his mommy! And to top it all off he is loving all the healthy foods these days. All it took was a little training and he is all about the veggies; especially the broccoli. He thinks it is Spiderman food. Every time he takes a big bite (and he will eat the whole serving) he wants me to feel his "muh-dul" His face is ever so serious during inspection and each time it is certain--"THEY HAVE GROWN!"
FUNNY-TAKE 2...
Last night as we were laying in bed I asked Reagan if he knew where God lived? I was hoping to tell him that we always have a friend in Jesus and that we are never alone. He watches after us and loves us everyday. Well, I did not get to that because Reagan only paused for a minute and then replied, He lives "In my elbow!" I think I have some explaining to do..."I am sure He will be moving to your heart before too long.." :)
Monday, November 10, 2008
Posted by J Taylor at 8:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
What a precious and handsome pirate! We can't wait for Saturday! Looks like the weather should be really nice.
Post a Comment