Monday, January 19, 2009

CHRISTMAS MORNING!...
Everyone expected me to be the first one out of bed, but given the night before Christmas I was still sleeping when the family arrived. It has long been tradition for the gift opening to begin before 7 am. Uncle Jeff made sure of that each year at Mawmaws house. This Christmas was not any different. Uncle Jeff and Uncle Dot arrived right on time, 6:45 am. Dad started up the coffee and set up the webcam so the reset of the family could watch online. Mom tried to coax me out of bed with visions of what was waiting for me under the tree. IT WORKED! I was ready to see, ready to play and ready for the whole Christmas Day!
BATMAN! Santa must have heard my request! All of the costumes were there. I could not wait to strip off my PJ's and join dad in the dress up. Batman was first, followed by Hulk, then Flash and Superman. In fact the whole morning was complete with costume changes and intermissions to play with the toys I had opened. The family could see that I was truly grateful for the gifts I was receiving. I would have been content at 2, but I had a long road of opening ahead of me. I got a computer, a scooter, games galore, a microscope, preserved bugs, books and much, much more. Everyone cheered me on as if in a race to finish the opening of the gifts so we could move on to breakfast. I just could not do it...I had to play with each one so we took a break and headed to the kitchen for some cooking fun. Each family member added something to the mix. Waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon, fresh fruit, juice, milk and more. Family time was the best gift of all.

0 comments: